Paul Mathewson, Retired
Geophysical Interpretation, Visualization & Database Management Software Tools
Contract Proprietary & Custom Third-Party Software Architecture, Design, Development, Evaluation & Testing Services.
- Physicist/Geophysicist Software Developer & Consultant with over 40 years of contracting experience in Design, Development and Implementation of highly technical applications. In-depth experience specializing in Geophysical/Geological and Electrical Management software applications. Advanced experience in C, C++, Pro-C, Fortran, X11, Xt, OpenGL, Motif, Qt, Oracle, SQL, ArcSDE, OpenSpirit on multiple Unix/Linux operating systems. Developer of SAMUEL 2D/3D & SAMUEL CSI interactive geophysical exploration software. Owner of Interactive Exploration Services, GPC Sales & Leasing, Inc., Computer Physics Corporation, Seismic Outsource Solutions, Inc.
- Design, development and
consulting of application software for Linux (Red Hat, Digital Unix, HPUX,
Slackware, etc.) Systems, Sun Microsystems Sparc
(SunOS/Solaris) systems, Intel PC (Win 95/98/NT/XP, Linux) systems. X-Windows(X11), Xlib, C, GCC, Visual C++, MFC, OLE, Openwin, Motif, Qt, TCP/IP, NFS,
FTP, HTML, Fortran, Tk/Tcl, SQl, Oracle, etc.
Consulting services provided for application development, management and outsourcing solutions. Evaluation of application development & migration. Evaluation of internal versus external solutions. Evaluation of vendor solutions & practices. Audit of vendor processes before, during and post delivery.
- Geophysical, Geological,
Petrophysical, EMS SCADA.
- Advanced development of
software products and support modules for: Schlumberger (GeoFrame, Charisma, IESX,
ProSource, Petrel), Landmark Graphics Corporation (Seisworks,
- UNIX, LINUX, X11, Motif, Qt, C, C++, Fortran, SQL, ORACLE, HTML,
- Shell International Exploration & Production (Motif Port to Qt on Linux & Windows Platforms)
- Schlumberger (ProSource Seismic & Seismic Editor Products)
- Schlumberger (GeoFrame, IESX, Charisma & SEGY Editor Products)
- Landmark Graphics Corporation
- Digicon Geophysical
- Alantic Richfield (ARCO)
- Geophysical/Geological Interpretation Areas - OnShore Texas & Gulf of Mexico (ARCO), Georges Bank, Grand Banks, Gulf of Mexico (Transocean Oil), Alaska Point Barrow Slope (USGS - Tectra Tech), Argentina Chaco Basin & South China Sea (Texaco Overseas Holdings), Pakistan Punjab (Union of California), Nigeria & Cuba (GeoGlobal Resources)
- ABB Network Management (formerly Bailey Network Management).